Monday, September 10, 2007

What a Floater

This last weekend NC State brought down a whole crew of boats to Lake Norman Yatch Club near Charlotte NC for the "Catfest". It's always hit or miss this time of year on inland lakes and this weekend sure was a floater. We had plenty of boats and beer but the wind refused to join the party (at least not while we wanted to race). We did manage some relaxing sailing in the evening hours after dinner. All in all we got in one race that took all of 1 and a half hours. This year was also the first Catfest held without beloved cat sailor who haied from Lake Norman, Jeff Price to whom this years regatta was dedicated.

Despite the lack of wind it was nice to see my hobie 18 out of the driveway in Chapel Hill since I lent it to Ryan Boyle for the weekend who raced, I mean floated around, with Ray and after dinner on Saturday the breeze filled in for a few hours and I got to take it out for a while.


We took my boat down on top of the Nacra 20 and left it there for this week becuase next weekend its going down to Masonboro island for the first NC State sailing club trip of the year. With 38! people signed up it should be fun to say the least. The weekend after that is "Outback Cup" on Lake Murray, SC which my dad has agreed to sail with me in as crew. Hope for more wind to come. Look out for some great write up's from these next few trips.