Monday, October 01, 2007

Van Halen

Back from the weekend and what a weekend it was. Went home on friday and got to visit with my little sister home from App State for the weekend and hung out with the fam. I went on a 5 mile run that afternoon with a new pair of kicks that i picked up earlier in the week from Raleigh Running Outfitters (Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7) they are pretty sweet and no more knee pain to speak of although most of the knee pain I had experienced in the past was most likely due to what my mom called "weekend warrior running" and my lack of proper stretching especially my IT band (a subject on which I am now educated). Saturday morning I went on a 25mile bike with mom and dad (dad on his new recumbent bike) and promptly fell asleep when I got home until about 3pm.

Trey and friend Brandon picked me up from the Hill around 4pm and we hit the road destined for Greensboro, NC where we had tickets to Van Halen's second concert of their 2007 tour. We hit the store for some pregame essentials and joined the masses in the parking lot outside the Greensboro Colosseum. A few people stopped to talk to us mostly drunk old dudes who wanted to tell us some story about the last time they saw Van Halen. Our favorite question of the night (being that the three of us were just over 20 years old) was to ask these guys, "So...what were the 80's like"? It got some laughs and some weird looks.
Bob Marley's son "Ziggy" Marley opened and when Van Halen came out it was like nothing I had ever seen. Seeing Eddie Van Halen play Eruption LIVE was really really really incredible. I left with a Van Halen t-shirt, ringing eardrums and a new respect for the electric guitar.

Stay tuned for updates on team NORSA's participation in the Gold Nugget Adventure race this coming weekend. That is all